Williams - Sonoma Marble Tiered Fruit Bowl Review

Friday, May 5, 2023


 

Before I buy anything online I research it for way too long and read all the online reviews and generally make myself crazy trying to determine if what I’m buying is A) Worth the money and B) Good quality. My mother taught me from a very young age that you get what you pay for in every sense of the word!
 
I actually bought this item in store to avoid the $75 shipping fee (this thing weighs about 30lbs, ask my son who had to carry it through the mall for me and out to the car) and when I bought it I was able to switch out a few of the pieces with another identical stand (they all come unscrewed — it’s a total of 5 pieces) to get the marble coloring that I wanted. 
 
While waiting in line I could tell that the base of the piece was not completely even however, which caused the bottom bowl to list slightly so it was not completely and totally straight. I KNEW this, and yet I bought it anyway. I have to say, it does bother me a little bit, but not enough to return it! So keep in mind that if your item is coming by mail, you may not get the exact coloring you desire or the perfect alignment.

 

 
As for the functionality of the piece, I could not be happier. This thing is HUGE, it holds all my fruit and my potatoes/tomatoes for the week. It looks stunning on the counter and there is really nothing else like it available right now at any price point from other retailers. My recommendation is to buy it if you love it, but be aware of possible imperfections such as coloring or the likelihood that it may look a tad askew from certain angles. From my point of view, it’s a keeper!

No comments

Post a Comment